|Intermediate design. Originally posted 2008; contributed by Linda W.|
|Materials: 24cm circumference mari, wrapped in black. Pearl Cotton #5: 6 colours for the design, shaded from white, through pinks/oranges to dark red. Marking thread in silver metallic. Prepare a Simple 8 division|
|1. Stitch additional
marker lines, approximately 2.5cm either side of the equator in
a zig-zag fashion, as shown in diagram on the right, above.
2. Starting with the lightest shade, stitch a 4-leaf clover design A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I-J-K-L-A over the north pole.
3. Again using the lightest shade, repeat step 2 following the sequence 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-1.
4. Repeat on the south pole.
5. Continue in this fashion, repeating steps 2-4, stitching one round in each shade.
6. Finish by stitching a pair of overlapping squares around each pole.
Last updated 2/2014 © 1998 - 2014 TemariKai.com, G. Thompson/PuffinStuff, Inc.