|Beginner design; interpreted
from Japanese book Utsukushii Temari (Beautiful Temari) ISBN
4529027821, page 96. Originally posted in 2004;
contributed by Carol C.
|Materials: 20 cm circum mari, marked in Simple
The marking thread is DMC Metallic Embroidery (on the spool).
Wrap the mari in the color of your choice but match it to the
pearl color you wish to use in addition to white. The obi can be
in the same colors or not, your choice.
1. Begin kiku design approximately ¼” from the north pole using uwagake
chidori kagari. Place “petal” of the kiku approximately 1/3 of the
distance up from the equator. End the final round at 0.5 cm from the
equator. Alternate rounds of white and red (in this case).
2. Take white thread and lay a long stitch over the top part of each red
section of the kiku. Repeat for the bottom part of each red section of
3. Take red thread and lay a long stitch over the bottom part of each
white section of the kiku.
4. Repeat 1 through 3 for the south pole.
5. Apply desired obi, 1 cm wide
is a TemariKai.com Printable Page; © 2014, all rights reserved.
Right click to print one copy for personal use.